Yes! This is the hardest thing to troubleshoot because it’s inconsistent. But that normally points toward a computer problem, not a network or website problem. If you have any of the following problems, please watch the video to completely clear your cache. Instructions are at RefreshYourCache.com for every major browser.
Confirming it’s the cache: Try using an incognito window. If that solves the problem, it’s definitely your cache, and there may be a network policy in your district that won’t allow you to flush the cache. Your IT department may need to help.
If the instructions on RefreshYourCache.com don’t work (or only work temporarily), but incognito windows do… you’ll have to do what we call an aggressive cache dump, detailed below.
- Flush ALL DATA for ALL TIME. Everything has to go. Good idea to do the first day of school with every class.
- Turn off and Reboot computer after flushing everything. I know it shouldn’t make a difference, but often it does!
- Every student, every computer. This is a computer setting saved locally with the user login. Each student will have to do this on each computer they use. If it’s fixed for Joe 2nd hour, it won’t work for James 3rd hour using the same computer. If either moves to a different computer, they’ll need to do it again.
If clearing the cache doesn't work...
- Check to make sure that your operating system AND browser are fully up to date.
- Try using a different browser.
- If all else fails, document the issue (with screenshots if possible) and contact us.